This webinar will provide an overview of the Department for Education’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Alternative Provision (AP) Improvement plan which was published at the beginning of March.
The 90 minute webinar will include:
- A summary of the key changes outlined in the SEND and AP Improvement Plan
- A discussion of what these changes mean for schools and colleges
- A question and answer session with the panel
By the end of the session you will:
- Be aware of the key amendments to the current system for SEND
- Have an understanding of when these changes will be implemented
- Consider the implications for your setting and / or role
Attendees will have an improved understanding of the SEND and AP Improvement Plan.
This webinar was delivered live on 24th April 2023.
Suitable for: A parent/carer, Administration Staff, Assistant Head Teacher, Consultant, Deputy Head Teacher, Early Years Practitioner, Education psychologist, Governor, Head Teacher, Inclusion Manager/Leader, Newly Qualified Teacher, Other, SENCO, Senior Leader, Student, Support staff, Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Tutor, Young person
You may also be interested in
How to ensure balance between the role of SENCO and personal wellbeing.
- 09 Nov 2023
Enhancing SENCO wellbeing by managing workload and leading through influence. Delivered by Jean Gross, Rebecca Gonyora and Erica Wolstenholme
nasen and WSS member newsletter September 2023
- 28 Sep 2023
Welcome to your September update, full of SEND CPD opportunities to help support your ambitions for an inclusive learning environment.
Meeting increasing Social Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH) needs within mainstream settings
- 12 Jul 2023
In this webinar we will explore the increase in SEMH needs and how we can meet the challenge of assessing needs and providing targeted support within school.