On this page you will find a regularly updated and reviewed list of questions frequently asked by those interested in joining nasen, new members and current members. If you have any questions that are not answered on this page please contact the nasen team at email@example.com and a member of the team will get back to you.
nasen membership is now completely FREE for all individuals in the UK. This free membership replaced our previous tiered model and offers a range of benefits, including exclusive online access to nasen Connect magazine six times a year, a wide bundle of e-communications including resource news blasts, monthly newsletter, sector newsflash and much more.
In addition, members can access partner discounts, regular updates from the Whole School SEND Consortium and use their collective voice to influence policy and practice at a national level.
A new package of paid-for SEND services is now available throughout the UK and internationally including the SEND CPDL Annual Webinar Pass, SENCO Support Service and nasen Publication Subscription that individuals and schools can purchase to suit their needs
We are committed to ensuring that our expertise in SEND is available to every school and setting.
It is important that every part of the education workforce – from SENCOs to senior leaders, teachers to TAs, local authorities to leadership boards and beyond - is equipped to understand, identify and support those with SEND and learning differences.
This is particularly important following the COVID-19 pandemic and the long period of disrupted learning that all children and young people have experienced alongside their families and the professionals that support them.
Following a comprehensive consultation with our members last year, we moved to the free membership to ensure that all education practitioners are given the information and support required so that children and young people with SEND and learning differences can thrive.
Together we can contribute to the national debate and effect change to improve outcomes for early years, schools, post-16 and wider settings and ultimately, the children and young people that they support.
Members now have access to a range of benefits for free, including:
- Exclusive online access to nasen Connect magazine six times a year, packed with advice, analysis and opinions on the current topics and future trends impacting on the SEND workforce
- A monthly member newsletter and other regular updates featuring news, topical resources and articles, discounts on training and CPDL, ‘top five takeaways’ and advice for the month ahead alongside upcoming events and networking opportunities
- Updates from the Whole School SEND Consortium, hosted by nasen. Via the Whole School SEND Community of Practice, members can access free resources including the Whole School SEND Review Guides, research, “What Works” signposting and CPDL training programme including webinars
- Access to Whole School SEND www.wholeschoolsend.org.uk – a one-stop shop for all things SEND, hosted by nasen. It is home to information and resources from the Whole School SEND Consortium alongside wider SEND publications, events and the independent SEND Forums e-communities
- Partner discounts' from a range of selected SEND organisations including 10% off GL Assessment products and 20% off Routledge publications
- Regular resource news blasts developed by our specialist in-house education team to provide practical ideas, advice, information and templates to help share best practice and sharing
- Sector newsflash featuring DfE and policy updates alongside the big issues impacting the sector and calls for opinions on key consultations
- Opportunities to influence and shape nasen’s work through thought leadership and peer-to-peer sharing, including participation in activities such as the annual SENCO Workforce Survey, led by Bath Spa University.
In addition to this free membership package, nasen will continue to lead targeted programmes and projects in the UK and internationally to deliver widespread improvements, offering a structured programme of professional development, accredited training and conferences.
A package of SEND services is now available throughout the UK and internationally including:
- nasen SEND CPDL Annual Webinar Pass - providing access for individual members to nasen’s existing knowledge hub of over 70 webinars available to stream immediately. It also provides access to all new webinars and the opportunity to vote for what topics you wish to be covered in future sessions. Cost: £350 per annum
- nasen Publication Subscription - encompassing hard copies of nasen Connect magazine and online access to three well-established and respected journals; Support for Learning (SUFL), Journal of Research in Special Educational Needs (JORSEN) and British Journal of Special Education (BJSE). Cost: £85 per annum
- SENCO Support Service - supporting anyone in a SENCO role from early years to further education to answer questions or tackle issues around SEND in education. Cost: £200 per annum
- Modular CPD programme - linked to the nasen Recognised Teacher/Practitioner of SEND award, provides a comprehensive introduction to SEND and effective support for children and young people. We have built the programme in a modular format to allow you to complete one, two or all three modules. Cost: £200 per annum
- PLUS… nasen Live this year with tickets available at £99
We want our membership to be easily accessible for everyone and our individual subscriptions provide members with the flexibility to personalise their support and take it with them throughout their career. We’re equally proud to also offer our Premier SEND Support Package for whole settings.
Enjoy the benefits of a single, annual subscription which offers multi-user access to our essential service and the ability to share information across your whole setting. This is a cost-effective solution for dynamic organisations looking to ensure their staff get the essential SEND CPD & Support that they require.
For our international colleagues, nasen membership is available for £50 a year.
We are constantly striving to work alongside international projects to strengthen the work we undertake with professionals and help support with research, training and resources.
More information about our international projects can be found on our dedicated page.
No, membership will automatically renew each year. If you have purchased an optional SEND Service, for example the SENCO Support Service, nasen will contact you towards the end of the yearly subscription to inform you of next steps.
You have the option to opt out of nasen membership as and when required. You can do this in the 'My Account' area.
You have the option to opt out of nasen subscriptions as and when required. You can do this in the 'My Account' area. Your subscription will stay valid until the last date you have paid for. You can still access resources until then.
You will be able to update your details and preferences in your member login area. We will encourage you to do this on a regular basis.
Yes. All nasen services will be accessible by logging into your account.
To reset your password please click on the link.
Enter your email address and then click “Email replacement password” you will then receive a new password email, please check your spam if you do not see the email within a couple of minutes.
Follow the instructions in the new password email to set your password and login.
Members of Whole School SEND can access free resources, useful research, and opportunities to participate in training (including fully-funded CPD), shaped by those working in the sector, in partnership with families.
Further information is available on Whole School SEND.
Anyone joining Whole School SEND will receive automatic nasen membership, with access to the range of free benefits. nasen members can opt-in to receive the latest e-news from Whole School SEND.