On this page you will find a regularly updated and reviewed list of questions frequently asked by those interested in joining nasen, new members and current members. If you have any questions that are not answered on this page please contact the nasen team at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get back to you.
nasen membership is completely FREE for all individuals in the UK. This free membership replaced our previous tiered model and offers a range of benefits, a wide bundle of e-communications including resource news blasts, monthly newsletter, sector newsflash and much more.
In addition, members can access partner discounts, regular updates from the Whole School SEND Consortium and use their collective voice to influence policy and practice at a national level.
A new package of paid-for SEND services is now available throughout the UK and internationally including the SEND CPD on Demand, SENCO Support Service and nasen Recognised Teacher / Practitioner of SEND Programme that individuals and schools can purchase to suit their needs
Members now have access to a range of benefits for free, including:
- A monthly member newsletter and other regular updates featuring news, topical resources and articles, discounts on training and CPDL, ‘top five takeaways’ and advice for the month ahead alongside upcoming events and networking opportunities
- Updates from the Whole School SEND Consortium, hosted by nasen. Via the Whole School SEND Community of Practice, members can access free resources including the Whole School SEND Review Guides, research, “What Works” signposting and CPDL training programme including webinars
- Access to Whole School SEND www.wholeschoolsend.org.uk – a one-stop shop for all things SEND, hosted by nasen. It is home to information and resources from the Whole School SEND Consortium alongside wider SEND publications, events and the independent SEND Forums e-communities
- Regular resource news blasts developed by our specialist in-house education team to provide practical ideas, advice, information and templates to help share best practice and sharing
- Partner discounts' from a range of selected SEND organisations
- Sector newsflash featuring DfE and policy updates alongside the big issues impacting the sector and calls for opinions on key consultations
- Opportunities to influence and shape nasen’s work through thought leadership and peer-to-peer sharing, including participation in activities such as the annual SENCO Workforce Survey, led by Bath Spa University.
In addition to this free membership package, nasen will continue to lead targeted programmes and projects in the UK and internationally to deliver widespread improvements, offering a structured programme of professional development, accredited training and conferences.
A package of SEND services is now available throughout the UK and internationally including:
- SEND CPD on Demand - The SEND CPD on Demand subscription gives you anytime access to over 70 pieces of recorded CPD content. Each term more content will be created and streamed live for you to watch, and if the time doesn’t suit, it will be automatically added to the recorded bank of content for you to view at a time to suit you. Cost: £199 per annum. Price is inclusive of VAT.
- SENCO Support Service - supporting anyone in a SENCO role from early years to further education to answer questions or tackle issues around SEND in education. Cost: £200 per annum.
- nasen's Recognised Teacher / Practitioner of SEND - This course is built around a deeper exploration of the implications of the An introduction to SEND in practice and Understanding and supporting universal needs. It has been developed to link with your day to day working practice – it encourages you to develop a resource or professional artefact (for example, a novel intervention; an assessment tool; a lesson plan template or a learning resource) which can be used in your setting. Cost: £500 per annum
We want our membership to be easily accessible for everyone and our individual subscriptions provide members with the flexibility to personalise their support and take it with them throughout their career. We’re equally proud to also offer our SEND CPD on Demand (School Subscription) for whole settings.
Enjoy the benefits of a single, annual subscription which offers multi-user access to our essential service and the ability to share information across your whole setting. This is a cost-effective solution for dynamic organisations looking to ensure their staff get the essential SEND CPD & Support that they require.
For our international colleagues, nasen membership is available for £50 a year.
We are constantly striving to work alongside international projects to strengthen the work we undertake with professionals and help support with research, training and resources.
More information about our international projects can be found on our dedicated page.
No, membership will automatically renew each year. If you have purchased an optional SEND Service, for example the SENCO Support Service, nasen will contact you towards the end of the yearly subscription to inform you of next steps.
You have the option to opt out of nasen membership as and when required. You can do this in the 'My Account' area.
You have the option to opt out of nasen subscriptions as and when required. You can do this in the 'My Account' area. Your subscription will stay valid until the last date you have paid for. You can still access resources until then.
You will be able to update your details and preferences in your member login area. We will encourage you to do this on a regular basis.
Yes. All nasen services will be accessible by logging into your account.
To reset your password please click on the link.
Enter your email address and then click “Email replacement password” you will then receive a new password email, please check your spam if you do not see the email within a couple of minutes.
Follow the instructions in the new password email to set your password and login.
Members of Whole School SEND can access free resources, useful research, and opportunities to participate in training (including fully-funded CPD), shaped by those working in the sector, in partnership with families.
Further information is available on Whole School SEND.
Anyone joining Whole School SEND will receive automatic nasen membership, with access to the range of free benefits. nasen members can opt-in to receive the latest e-news from Whole School SEND.